1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese softened
1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
1/3 cup butter or margarine
1 teaspoon almond extract
Flour (see below for amounts)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup milk
4 cups Granny Smith apples, pared, cored and sliced
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Combine cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, butter, eggs, and almond extract; mix well.
2. Combine 1-3/4 cups flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; blend into cheese mixture alternately with milk.
3. Pour into greased and floured 9 X 13 X 2-inch baking pan.
4. Dip apples into lemon juice; toss with 2 tablespoons flour, 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon.
5. Arrange apples slices on coffeecake.
6. Bake at 350 degrees F. 50-60 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean.
7. Cool slightly; serve warm.