4-5 Golden Delicious or Cripps Pink apples
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup nonfat dry milk
2/3 cup uncooked quick-cooking oats
1/4 cup flaked coconut
1/4 cup chopped almonds
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons wheat germ
2 tablespoons sesame seed
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/4 cup melted (dairy) sour cream or yogurt
1. Preheat over to 375 degrees F. Pare, core and slice apples to measure 4 cups; reserve 8 or 9 slices. Toss remaining apples with sugar and dry milk; turn into 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
2. Arrange reserved slices on top. Cover with foil; bake 15 minutes.
3. Combine remaining ingredients except sour cream or yogurt; mix well.
4. Uncover apples and sprinkle with oat mixture. Bake, uncovered, 18-20 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
5. Serve warm topped with sour cream or yogurt.