2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
3/4 cup butter
2 egg yolks
5 to 6 tablespoons milk
5 Golden Delicious apples
1/4 cup melted butter
1/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1. Combine flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, salt and lemon peel.
With pastry blender, cut in butter and egg yolks.
Add milk and mix lightly until dough holds together.
2. Wrap in wax paper and chill at least 1 hour. Roll dough to fit a 15 X 10 inch baking pan.
3. Slice apples and arrange in overlapping rows over dough.
Brush with melted butter.
4. Combine 1/3 cup sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over top.
5. Bake at 375 degrees F. for 25 minutes.
6. Cut in squares and serve warm with whipped cream.