1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 Golden Delicious apples, cored and sliced
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup sugar
1 carton (8 oz.) plain yogurt
Combine 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon melted butter or margarine, 1 tablespoon flour, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon and 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans. Makes about 1/3 cup.
1. Combine melted butter with brown sugar and cinnamon in 9 X 9 X 2-inch square baking pan. Smooth mixture evenly over bottom. Arrange apple slices over brown sugar mixture.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, soda and salt.
3. Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time; beat well after each addition.
4. Add dry ingredients alternately with yogurt.
5. Spread half of batter over apple slices. Sprinkle Streusel Filling over batter in pan. Spread remaining batter over filling.
6. Bake at 350 degrees F. 30-35 minutes or until cake tests done when wooden pick is inserted near center. Invert onto serving plate. Serve warm.